“All are welcome!
You don’t have to be a member of this congregation.
You don’t have to be a Lutheran.
The gifts of God are free!”
We hear these words each Sunday before we are blessed with Holy Communion. But the sentiment reflects our philosophy as illustrated in our Mission Statement:
Our mission is to spread the love and teachings of Jesus by reaching out to those in need, welcoming and accepting all people unconditionally, providing a safe space for those who do not know about or who have felt excluded from Christianity, actively caring for each other, encouraging spiritual growth, and providing inspirational and stimulating worship experiences.
- We believe in The Trinity.
- This refers to a three-in-one God consisting of the The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Totally lost? No worries.) Just like we seek to honor the whole person, not just one side or characteristic-the concept of the Trinity is our way of honoring the wholeness and complexity of all God’s characteristics.
- We believe that existence and each participant therein (flora, fauna, humanity and everything in-between) is designed and cherished by God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who championed a whole new level of living and transformed lives through His life, torture and death via the cross, and His resurrection.
- We are confident that God’s Spirit is active in the world today.
- We believe we are part of a larger narrative-one that connects us to other Jesus-followers throughout time and across physical distance. That when we seek and struggle and grapple with God’s word, we are active participants in this deeply significant narrative.
- The Confession of Faith of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is part of our founding constitution. The ELCA accepts the following creeds as true declarations of the faith of this church:
- We are a Reconciling in Christ Congregation that welcomes our LGBTQIA friends. We welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
- What do I wear? Casual is fine.
- Is there childcare? We do have a nursery attendant for young children but they’re welcome at worship also.
- Where do I park? We have plenty of street parking on 39th Street and Charles.